Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Doing my part to support the economy ; )

So whatever I wrote earlier about the mysteriously absent baby-buying-bug: forget it. Baby Gap was 50% off for Black Friday and successfully cured my shopping funk. Ryan, naturally, is thrilled.

I think I was a little slow getting out of the gate because I was so focused on gender-neutral newborn clothes. There are relatively few things specifically designated as such. But then it occurred to me that newborns are only newborns for a blink of time and then, you know, they grow and stuff.

I also realized that a lot of clothes in the baby boys' sections could readily be worn by girls too. I mean: plain corduroy overalls, khaki toddler cargo pants, knit sweaters in gray and cream colors, plaid shirts, denim shirts--anyone can wear these things. Maybe that's why I like Baby Gap so much. They make some simply cute clothes without plastering everything with loud screen prints or logos of construction equipment.

And only 16 days until mama here can get herself new clothes. Yipee!

(I was fixing to cave and post a cheesy bump shot, but my iPhone camera app is not working. Consider yourself spared.)

9 comments:

  1. YES. And Gap clothing launders really well so that you can actually keep the clothes for your next child. So much of what I have from Target, or places like it, just doesn't last past the three month range of wearing.

    My other favorite place is H&M. They have very reasonably priced organic cotton clothes for babies that launder well and hold up. And now you can buy H&M clothing online.

    And I'm learning... I overbought for Frassati. especially in the beginning. Before a year, babies really aren't comfortable in cute clothes. They just want stretchy pants. :D (don't we all?) Onesies and sleep n plays (with a ZIPPER, down with snaps!!!) were our staples

    http://www.carters.com/carters-baby-boy-one-piece-sleep-and-play/VM_115A155.html?navid=carters-xsellPDPYMAL

    You're welcome for all the unsolicited, albeit tacit, advice.
    {I'm one of THOSE!?! I'm stopping my fingers from typing...now.}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choncho! Eh, sometimes grown men like to wear-eh-stretchy pants when they're alone... Frassati wore the shit outta those stretchy pants on Halloween.
      -RCT

      Delete
    2. Hey … I like to wear stretchy pants. I'm wearing them now.

      Delete
    3. Anna, consider yourself solicited.

      Delete
  2. I haven't bought anything new for Sebastian yet, but when I do I know I'll be haunting H&M as well as Gap. Anyway, kind of what Anna said -- I have a few items of baby clothes that are more "real-ish" but he looks so darn uncomfortable in them. I have been given about three pairs of jean overalls and he's worn them a few times but … he just can't wiggle his way around very well in them. Currently he wears -- yup -- stretchy soft pants with a soft sweater. It's boring but it'll do. I can't wait to do the cute short with suspenders and little European looking leather sandals when he's older. Oh yeah -- I will go there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you put a baby GIRL in the following (and I quote): "plain corduroy overalls, khaki toddler cargo pants, knit sweaters in gray and cream colors, plaid shirts, denim shirts" . . . I will shoot you.

    Not fatally. But . . . Blam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Gasp! Laura, its not nice to say such things. Anyway, who has taught you to operate such implements? I hope you have at least one... when is your birthday?
      -RCT
      P.S. who cares what the thing wears?? It's going to shit on and outgrow its clothes in a matter of months anyway! Stupid to spend money on. One or two baggy shirts will do till it stops growing.

      Delete
    2. Till it stops growing! LOL!

      And yeah, my comment was mainly for your benefit, Ryan. :-*

      Delete