Friday, October 18, 2013

First World Problem no. 974

 . . . the latte machine was out of order this morning at Krispy Kreme.

Sleep would not take me, so I had gotten up and went to mass--just a few blocks away from our house. Afterwards, the morning was quiet and cool and autumn-ish, and I was won over by the idea of dunking a doughnut into a steaming, creamy cup of pumpkin spice coffee. 

I have avoided most all caffeine recently, but thought I'd make an exceptional indulgence today. 

Fail.

In my face. 

I'm going back to bed now.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh. Sorry. Coffee sounded awful for the first few months of pregnancy for me. By the end I was so exhausted I was drinking lots of it. Hopefully it didn't do too much to damage the wee lad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny 'cause I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I've really wanted some recently. And yet I've not missed red wine at all (which surprised me).

      Caffeine apparently was not disagreeable to Sebastien.

      Delete