Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Splendid Squash

I made a little variation on my smoothie the other day, and it was a delightful surprise.

The change up? pumpkin!




What went in:

  • Greek yogurt
  • Canned pumpkin
  • Frozen fruit chunks (banana, mango, peaches--whatever orange/yellow fruit I could pick out of the bag)
  • Sprinkle of ginger
  • Honey
  • Enough water or whole milk to let everything circulate in the blender




At this stage, it looked like a melted creamsicle and Ryan actually found it palatable enough to drink.

And then I added fresh spinach, which didn't change the flavor very much, but drinking green-yellow slush does trigger a different response in your brain. Leaf away at your own risk.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Pumpkin sounds like a surprisingly good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I have some leftover pumpkin in the freeze I've been wondering what to do with.

    ReplyDelete