Wednesday, May 22, 2013

This old house

Finally have internet back up and running as of this morning. Our project for the next few days is unpacking this house full of boxes; I've got to spend some time getting things in their places. So very frustrating when you can't find your everyday things. 

The bedroom was painted last night, and it will help a lot to be able to move the dresser and clothes into that room and clear space elsewhere. The walls were a sunny glossy yellow--not a good color for sleeping. Now the color is a dark mocha, or "Cardamon Spice" according to Behr. 

Okay, who am I kidding. It's poop brown.

Whatever you call it, it's dark and flat/matte and I'm happy with it. I've learned I'm a horrible painter, especially at edging. I am a lucky girl in that my father in law came over and very kindly painted the living room for me. He had some leftover beige paint from his home, and it's a major improvement over the navy blue. Nothing wrong with navy blue, but it just wasn't right for the main room.

So much to do, so much I want to write about . . . later.

No comments:

Post a Comment