Sunday, December 2, 2012

What I Wore Sunday, #2

If I can get off work in time, I try to drop into Mass on my home. Fortunately, the closest church has the fastest Sunday mass in town  = 40 minutes. This is good, because otherwise I'm falling asleep on my feet.

So here I am sporting the latest in Cherokee Workwear fashion. Chic, I know. For prettier Sunday ensembles, check out Fine Linen and Purple.

This is the furthest I go into the house with my dirty scrubs. They are promptly stripped into their own designated dirty bin by the front door.

Cherokee is the best scrub brand out there. Nothing else holds up to the washings I put mine through (they get laundered TWICE in the hottest setting, then bone-dried in the hot dryer . . . while I run the washer empty with bleach to disinfect it for whatever the next load might be.)

Some nurses wash their scrubs in cold to preserve the colors; doing so probably also preserves the C-Difficile and MRSA too. Gross.

I know some of you ladies have scrubs in your families. How do you wash them?

Y'all have a happy Sunday. I'm looking forward to having the next one off.

16 comments:

  1. It sounds like you work hard and do good work, so hooray for scrubbing-it-up all the way to Mass! My hubby volunteers at the hospital... I wonder if I should be a little more vigilant about washing what he wears there right away. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kinsi! I'm not much of a germ-a-phobe at home. I'll eat off my floor and munch on week-old leftovers.

      However, the super bugs from health care facilities are a totally different breed of nasty and becoming increasingly resilient.

      Delete
  2. Ha! I just KNEW you'd do a post like this one day. Glad you didn't make me wait too long. You rock the scrubs liner no ones business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lizzie, you ask how other ladies launder scrubs but you KNOW no one is as thorough as you ... And I'm pretty sure no other husband in the world other than yours would do that whole laundry routine for you the way Ryan often does. God bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...I'd say they look like purplish scrubs, so you were dressing for the Advent season! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your socks are my favorite ;) I frequently wear one of one kind and one of another, whatever happens to tumble out of the drier. I never thought about how thoroughly scrubs needed to be washed. Sounds like you're getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have a scrubs fetish - I think there is nothing hotter than a woman in scrubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Ryan, just a blog troll

      Delete
    2. Well, that would certainly explain the success of all those medical dramas on tv.

      Delete