Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Southern Suffering


Last night I finally caught up on Sunday's episode of the Walking Dead. It ended on a cliff-hanger, and I can't believe we have to wait until February for the next episode! This season has been so good, and so much more has happened than the last.

Like poor Lori. My heart aches for her, maybe even more so because she sowed the seeds for her own misery. Her mistakes make her a little more of a tragic heroine. The outcome was not entirely what I expected. I really thought she might kill herself; it seemed a rather loveless life on her receiving end. I mean, Rick ignores her, and her boy don't pay her no respect.



But she persevered until the bitter end. That final scene between her and Carl was so moving. Dura mater indeed.


And Carl. Atta boy, Carl. Somehow that obnoxious, impulsive little brat grew the stout heart of a man inside his child-body. But courage is one thing, and prudence is another. I think how, around the world, there are so many children similarly thrust into adulthood before their time. One of two things will happen to Carl. He will either crack, like unseasoned timber against the elements, or he will grow wise beyond his years. I hope it will be the latter.



Speaking of courage, way to tough it out, Glenn. Did I ever mention that Asians are my favorite minority? Glenn's character has also come a long way since the first season.




And finally, Merle and Darryl have at last reunited.  They cannot kill off Darryl. AMC, do you hear me? I don't want to watch the show anymore if Darryl dies. You've killed enough characters recently. The group needs Darryl, especially until Rick gets his groove back.

The BAMF Brothers

My prediction is that Merle, evil as he is, will muster a little heroism in his last moments and try to redeem his younger brother's life.

I guess we'll find out in February. ugh.

Oh, I couldn't resist:
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/which-character-are-you

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are intense, Liz. I had no idea you were following this show. I'll leave this one for you. Oh, and legally, in the state of Texas, the firearms sign in the top picture wouldn't have any legal weight. It must be a sign with the actual legal code and wording, just fyi. ;) I paid attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't like "scary" movies, the paranormal, etc. But certain zombie shows are different. Like here, the zombies are more like a wildlife nuisance, and the story is mostly a tale of survival in a lawless America.

      Delete