Saturday, July 23, 2011

Getting Started

Perhaps it means I have too much time on my hands and really should have taken a summer course, but I'm intrigued by the idea of blogging. First order of business: a blogger needs a theme or risks writing the chronicles of narcissism.

There's so much I would enjoy writing about. Where does one start? Then I saw the latest edition of Southern Living on the kitchen table. Somehow that magazine manages to cover and tie together so much wonderfulness. I'll be striving to do something similar on Dixie Grit.

According to Merriam-Weber:
Dixie-- the states of the SE United States & especially those which constituted the Confederacy.
Grit-- firmness of mind or spirit : unyielding courage in the face of hardship or danger.
Grits-- well, we know what those are : )

Moreover, 'Dixiegrits' was already taken, as was 'truegrits,' and  'true-grits.' Also, I think G.R.I.T.S. = Girls Raised in the South has been trademarked.

No comments:

Post a Comment